NOTE: Please allow up to 7 days for status response.
Existing Report Status:
In Person or Officer Taken Reports:
To check the status of a report you submitted in person at a police station or a report taken by an Officer or CSO, please contact the Detective Division at 775.334.2115.
Existing Online Reports:
If you are unable to check your existing report status using the Cop Logic reporting system , please email email@example.com. Please include your full name, T# (if you have it) and phone number in your request. Thank you!
- Exact location of the vehicle (address it’s parked in front of or the street it’s on and the nearest cross street)
- Color, make, model, and license plate number
- Anything that stands out aesthetically, such as damage, flat tires, stickers, etc.
- How long it has been since it last moved from its current position.
Reno Police Department representative will then be dispatched to tag the vehicle with a 48-hour warning notice. Parking Enforcement will verify if the vehicle has moved and may cite the vehicle and submit it for towing.
These are usually neighborhood nuisance situations. You will not receive a permanent case number. You may wish to call Washoe Animal Control number 775-322-3647.
- If you see graffiti on a building, wall, fence, etc., call Reno Direct at 775-334-4636 (INFO) and tell them the location of the graffiti or submit an online service request. We can begin the process to have it removed.
- If graffiti has occurred on property owned by you, please "Start New Police Report" above to file a police report.